Sunday, November 14, 2010

Deep Dish Pizza

Tonight will be Pepperoni Deep-Dish Pizza, compliments of Cooking Light. Pizza and Italian food have grown to be some of my favorite foods.  This could be due to two strictly Italian in-laws. Nonetheless, pizza never fails to be a satisfying meal. What could be better than bread with any toppings you want on it?
Before the Recipe, a little background to my cooking obsession.  I work at William-Sonoma, one of the most wonderful jobs I could possibly ever have.  The people there are great. We cook and eat all day long.  It's like learning a new language.

Starting off the Pizza, having a cooking stone is nice, but not essential. It makes the crust crispy and not soggy in the middle. I will not be using a pizza stone, being the poor college student I am.

Ingredients: For the Dough:
    1. 1 cup warm water (100-110 degrees)
    2. 2 1/2 cups of flour
    3. 1 package dry yeast
    4. 4 tsp olive oil
    5. 1/2 tsp salt

Directions: Make Ahead Dough
1.  Pour 3/4 cup warm water in the bowl of a stand mixer with a dough hook. Add the Flour to the water, mix until combined. (if able let stand for 15 minutes)
2. combine the remaining 1/4 cup of water and yeast in a small bowl; let stand 5 minutes
3.add yeast mixture, oil, and salt to the flour mixture, mix 5 minutes or until a soft dough forms. Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray. (refrigerate for 24 hours)

 4. remove from refrigerator, punch down. roll dough out onto a lightly floured surface into a 14x 11 inch rectangle
5. Preheat Oven to 450
6. Now add all the ingredients you want to add to your Pizza, I added: Pizza sauce from Willimas-Sonoma, Mozarella Cheese, Chopped Red bell pepper, Italian Sausage, Parmesan cheese, olive paste. This paste can really be used for anything, paninis, pasta, couscous, and pizza.
This Paste is amazing-and From Williams-Sonoma!

Finished product!
7. Now place Pizza in the oven on either a pan, or stone, and wait 25 minutes or until the crust is golden.  Enjoy. Feeds approximately 5-6 people. Unless you split it in two.



Since I am only one person, I actually made two pizza's and froze one for the future. Genius Idea. :)
Hope you all like this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment